Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Freeway?

When will this highway of white lines lead me to dirt roads that wind around rolling hills and mountain peaks. I long for city lights and the sound of rubber meeting road and sirens and trains screeching to a stop to fade into sweet skies filled with tiny stars and the sound of created creatures breaking brush and stomping the ground...a place where morning song birds spread their tiny wings and sing to all the other animals, where the river roars down the canyon crashing into the rocks below.

Will this concrete highway trap me between its solid lines forever? Will it lead me to freedom? Can I exit and leave this falseway and be free?...Free to breathe and stretch and spread my true self.

The sound of rubber leaving pavement and meeting earth is a sweet sweet sound...

No comments:

Post a Comment